Let’s talk about Memorial Donations:
- We have a book here that lists hundreds of worthwhile charities. Within that book are descriptions of what the charities do with the donations that they receive. If you are unsure about where you would like to suggest that donations to be directed, have a look through the book. You’d be surprised who you might be able to help.
- You don’t have to suggest a charity that is related to an illness that someone may have had or died of. And likewise, the charity that a family suggests doesn’t always have a correlation to the person who passed away so you could be wrong if you assume that.
- Yes we do take donations here for people whose Funeral Services we did not perform. Many times people have friends or family from other parts of the country and they want to make a charitable donation. They come here and make the donation and we process the donation as well as inform the other Funeral Home of the donation made so that the family will be notified.
- Yes we do take donations for charities even though they may not be in memory of someone. There is a family who pools their gift money at Christmas time and instead of buying gifts for each other they make a donation to a charity. We process that for them.
- Whether it’s for a donation or for funeral expenses, we accept cash, cheques, debit cards and credit cards as payment. If you are writing a cheque, you should make it payable to the charity that you want the money directed to.
As always, we are here to help in whatever way we can.